Whitelisting the Client
- Download both the Auto-Updating Client and the Alternate Client.
- Go into your anti-virus settings by right clicking the tray icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Look around the settings panel for a tab or option named 'Exclusions' or 'Exceptions'.
- Once you've found it, click the option to 'Add an exception'.
- Click the browse button and go to 'C:/Users/YourUser/'.
- Click once on the 'Ateria' folder (if it exists) and choose that folder to exclude.
- Follow the same method to add an exception as before.
- Click the browse button and go to the path where you saved the client. This is normally in your Downloads folder (C:/Users/YourUser/Downloads/).
- Double click the client and an exception will be added.
If you're still having issues after following the steps above, either temporary disable your anti-virus or join our discord server
and ask for a hand.