Alex

Potential Economy Improvements

Potential Economy Improvements  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the most part, the economy is in a fairly good place. It's not tough for people to search for the item they want to buy on the Grand Exchange, place an offer, and have it buy in a few hours. The problem is there's just too many items in the game in correlation to the people who want to buy them. To try and re-balance it a little, there's a few changes i'm considering making.

While there is a poll on this, the results may not truly affect what we decide to do, the poll is just here to understand what the community think about the ideas. Most of these ideas sound like a step in the right direction to me, but if there's any issues you can think of, let me know.

I'll say that being able to include adding items to the well, in addition to adding GP, would result in the well being active more often = happier players, and more activity (less players '[away/afk]'), thus resulting in stimulated economy = growth.  Seeing as there are more than few mid-high value items out there that DO NOT sell, mainly for the fact no one wants them. Being able to add them to well for the equivalent (possibly less) than the General Store price would be fair; but I do think tweaking Gen. Store prices is a must if this ends up being the method of choice.

Overall very nice poll :) As for myself I'd be open to any of the previously listed methods, I've just had experience with the "Well Method" in the past.

~Regards

Fapple

I believe that the biggest problem about our economy are at this moment the mboxes, especially the t90 items. Currently i am trying to raise my total donation amount to 1k which is the reason why i am buying mbox donations as i can sell the rares i get to reinvest into more donations. This is benefitting myself but is actually not helpful for the server as more rare items are thrown into the market. I think T90 should be completely removed from mboxes, i know a lot of people that want to donate will be bitching about that but i personally think that is the right way to get kind of a balance tho those rare and powerful items. As for the item sink i would really like to see rares being able to be donated on the xp well. The amount should be way higher than the gen price so people will rather donate it than sell it. Like that we can get rid of some rares that no one wants and won't let gp flow into the economy.

Thanks for the input everyone :)

Here's the changes we've decided to go with (if you haven't seen them already)

• Items can now be donated to the XP Well. You can only donate 1 item each time, and the item must sell for more than 1 million GP to the General Store. The price the item is converted to is also the items' General Store price.
  • GP Removed from the game is now tracked and announced every 30 minutes. This'll reset every monday at 5am server time.
  • Chaotic items have been removed from Boss Chests.
  • The Grand Exchange now has a 1% taxation on all sales above 100gp. - This is experimental (so may be reverted). I've gone more in-depth on how it works below, overall I feel like it'll be a good gold sink and not too big a drawback to using the GE.
    • Everytime you claim a sold item from the GE, the money you'll receive for claiming the sale will be 99% of the price the item was bought for.
    • As an example: You sell a whip for 5 million coins in the Grand Exchange (5,000,000), when claiming the coins for that sale, you'll instead receive 4.95 million coins (4,950,000) and 50,000 coins will be totally removed from the economy.
    • More in-depth reasons as to why this will be a good gold sink in the long run:
      • Thousands of items are traded in the Grand Exchange each day, with the average cost of the items being just under 800,000 gp. Let's say for these purposes, 500 items are sold in the GE each day, with each item being sold at 500,000 gp. In one day, 2.5m will be removed from the game. And that's only with low cost items, higher cost items will remove more. Since the changes have been live (in the last 3-4 hours), over 16m GP has been taxed (removed from the game) in sales from the Grand Exchange.
  • The XP Well now costs 300m on weekdays and 400m on weekends (isn't live in-game yet).
  • We've also changed a ton of general store sell prices, if you want to view them all, join our discord server.